Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Take Time Today

I love the way "art", in all it's many forms, allows me to re-create myself every time I open the creative door within me. I used to think it was the object... the end product. Over the years I've learned to appreciate... really appreciate... I mean love the process that takes me outside my logical, often critical self. I am always filled with wonder when I sit with a client and become the observer of that process. Art takes us to a place deep within that holds the wisdom and the keys to discovery that often allude us in our everyday consciousness. We can be fearless in that place. The critical voices are hushed. The eyes soften. The breath evens out. My grasping hands open as I witness in others' process all that I love about myself.

What takes you to that place? Is it color on paper? Is it the flow of words? Is it the creation of a delicious meal? Is it music that transcends? Whatever it is that takes you deep make time today and everyday... if only for a few moments to touch that place.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that gentle reminder! I had a recent revelation that over the past few years of hard work and struggle (failed relationships, heart surgery, brain injury, grad school, motherhood, teaching and just showing up sometimes), I had given into being a grown up. A grownup? Play felt less inviting. I got out my hula hoops and started skipping instead of jogging. I'm reading novels for fun, eating ice cream (coconut of course) and taking long walks with nothing planned. I'm remembering that life can be serious but it can also be fun.

    ReplyDelete